The Obesity Summit traditionally draws a diverse mix of health care practitioners interested in discussing innovative solutions to the causes of obesity, preventive strategies, and therapeutic management approaches.
- interactive workshops,
- a meet the experts luncheon, and
- an expert panel discussion that invites attendees to bring examples of difficult, unusual cases.
Supplementing these will be didactic/interactive sessions focusing on key issues regarding obesity biology, prevention, and treatment.
ObjectivesAs a result of attending this Summit, the participant will be able to do the following:
- Summarize the recent research on obesity causes, including genetic and biologic factors;
- Discuss the efficacy of current obesity prevention and treatment strategies, including lifestyle, diets, pharmacology, and surgery options;
- Describe the epidemiology and causes of childhood obesity as well as management strategies for prevention and treatment;
- Diagnose and treat comorbidities associated with obesity, including cancers, diabetes, and heart disease.
The Summit is directed to health care practitioners (including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and dietitians), researchers, and others focusing on obesity-related fields, including bariatric surgery, endocrinology, gastroenterology, cardiology, internal medicine, pulmonology, diet and nutrition, psychiatry and psychology, gynecology, and family practice medicine.