Intensive Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Review and Registry Preparation 2014
April 12-13, 2014
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
This 2-day course will cover a large spectrum of vascular laboratory diagnostics from “head-to-toe” and will include both ultrasound and physiological testing. The course will be unique in its extensive use of the audience response system for rapid fire interpretation of vascular studies, mock registry type examination questions, and vascular physics and technology drills.
Course faculty includes members of the Cleveland Clinic Non-Invasive Vascular Laboratory as well as guest faculty who are nationally recognized for their vascular laboratory teaching expertise.
New topics to the program for 2014 include use of ultrasound in the pre-procedural planning and post-procedural follow-up after venous ablation procedures, essentials of quality and accreditation in the vascular laboratory, and a special lunch time session highlighting the most unusual vascular ultrasound cases encountered at the Cleveland Clinic.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic ultrasound physics concepts and their application to vascular ultrasound
- Recognize common imaging and Doppler artifacts encountered in the vascular laboratory
- Utilize special Doppler waveforms to assist in the evaluation of arterial and venous disease
- Demonstrate interpretation skills for diagnosis of internal carotid artery stenosis using duplex ultrasound
- Demonstrate interpretation skills for diagnosis of acute venous thrombosis and venous incompetency using duplex ultrasound
- Utilize arterial physiology testing to localize anatomic extent and severity of lower extremity peripheral artery disease in the patient with claudication
- Apply standard diagnostic criteria to diagnose renal and mesenteric artery stenosis using duplex ultrasound
- Identify areas of knowledge deficit to improve preparation for the ARDMS Registered Physician in Ultrasound Review
- Cardiac and General Ultrasound Sonographers
- Physicians and technologists who require continuing medical education credits specific to vascular testing as part of maintenance of certification (e.g., ARDMS credentials) or to meet laboratory accreditation requirements (e.g., IAC - Vascular Testing)
- Physicians who interpret vascular ultrasound studies as part of their clinical practice who desire a comprehensive update of vascular laboratory testing
- Practicing vascular surgeons, vascular medicine physicians, radiologists, and cardiologists planning to sit for the RPVI examination
- Trainees in vascular medicine, vascular surgery, cardiovascular medicine, and radiology who are planning to sit for the ARDMS Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) examination
- Vascular Medicine Specialists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Vascular Technologists seeking to broaden their understanding of vascular ultrasound interpretation
For further course information please contact Jamie Belkin Events at email@example.com or 216.932.3448.
For questions about registering online, call 216.448.0777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
A full refund will be made if canceled by March 5, 2014. After March 5, 2014, a $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund. Written notification of your cancellation is required to process your refund. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER MARCH 28, 2014
|Resident / Fellow*||$150|
|Nurse / Nurse Practitioner||$150|
*Letter from program chairman or department chairman must accompany Resident/Fellow registration.