Utility of Imaging in Clinical Decision Making
August 23, 2014
12:00 – 5:30 pm
Important Symposium Information
The Symposium syllabus (PowerPoint presentations in PDF format) will be provided online to registrants following the Symposium.
Join us at Cleveland Clinic's 15th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology
You are expressly invited to attend the 15th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology, August 24 – 27, 2014, at the InterContinental Hotel and Bank of America Conference Center on the Cleveland Clinic main campus in Cleveland, Ohio.
This symposium continues to be a wonderful forum to critically review current thinking and management of all the major cardiovascular disciplines. The focus will be on the delivery of contemporary medicine, including complex patient management decision-making for practicing cardiologists. Cardiovascular Board Certification and Re-certification Examination candidates may also find this symposium useful.
You will find this symposium to be fun, clinically relevant, and stimulating. Get engaged in integrated audience interaction with reviews of cases, images, and relevant data during the lectures.
The comprehensive four-day program will be memorable. The symposium highlights clinical evaluation and management of the patient encountered in daily practice. Current ACC/AHA guidelines supporting treatment and management recommendations and treatment controversies and dilemmas will answer questions you may have. Interactive patient management evening sessions will be specific to electrophysiology and advanced imaging.
This year we are Introducing an additional educational opportunity:
Utility of Imaging in Clinical Decision Making – a presymposium course on Saturday, August 23, from noon to 5:30 pm. The symposium will focus on advances in cardiovascular imaging. The utility of imaging in clinical decision making will be highlighted.
Many other important topics and cases will be included. The Bank of America Conference Center has exceptional amenities that enhance learning and comfort. As symposium codirectors, we truly hope you will be able to join us in August for this exciting and memorable educational event that impacts your clinical decision making.
Curtis M. Rimmerman, MD, MBA
Samir Kapadia, MD
Venugopal Menon, MD, FACC
Who should attend?
Practicing cardiologists and cardiology fellows, physician assistants, and advanced practice nurses seeking a comprehensive review of contemporary cardiovascular medicine will benefit from this Symposium.
Intensive Review of Cardiology will help you:
- Summarize the current knowledge of the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes
- Critically appraise interventional therapy for both stable and unstable coronary artery disease, including appropriate assessment of stenosis physiology
- Identify the best individualized treatment options for patients with lipid disorders
- Critically review electrophysiology use, including testing and intracardiac electrograms
- Interpret both common and complex 12-lead electrocardiograms and analyze subtle, yet clinically important, findings relevant to clinical practice
- Describe physical attributes of cardiac arrhythmias including ventricular tachyarrhythmias and supraventricular tachycardias
- Define the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of systolic and diastolic hear t failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, and pulmonary hypertension
- Review management issues involved in transplantation and mechanical devices
- Identify the difference between normal and abnormal angiograms
- Recognize and appropriately treat the clinical scenarios in cardiovascular medicine used in the examinations for Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease
- Describe treatment of challenging cases involving peripheral arterial and venous diseases
- Critically assess new technologies in cardiovascular imaging, focusing on efficacy of results, indications, and cost effectiveness
- Describe the clinical implications of new cardiovascular imaging technologies in specific patient populations