This conference is focused on learning key continuous improvement methodologies and strategies for organizational success. Many healthcare organizations have begun to apply Lean, Six-Sigma, and other improvement methodologies in pursuit of cultural transformation and more efficient patient care. This conference will bring together healthcare leaders who have cultivated improvement journeys in their own organizations.
We are also offering a non-CME half day Gemba Tour which will take you to key areas of the Cleveland Clinic to see how caregivers are using continuous improvement concepts to improve their work environment and overall patient care.
After completing this activity, the participant will be able to do the following:
- Critically review continuous improvement (CI) models, principles, and techniques and describe their application in a healthcare environment;
- Summarize key CI principles, infrastructure, and tools used at the Cleveland Clinic and other healthcare organizations;
- Describe steps to create a CI operating plan and assess organizational capability;
- Create strategies for developing and sustaining a culture of CI in a healthcare organization;
- Compare CI practices and lessons learned in developing a CI plan based on experiences from various healthcare organizations.
This conference is designed for Hospital Leadership (physicians, administration, nursing quality), Continuous Improvement Leaders in Healthcare, Lean, Six Sigma Specialists, and other practicing healthcare professionals.