You’ll Want To Be At Cleveland Clinic's Intensive Review of Endocrinology and Metabolism
This educational activity will provide an intensive review of endocrinology and metabolism to prepare you for the endocrine board certification examination. The quality and breadth of this symposium content is also attractive for a comprehensive review of endocrinology and metabolism clinical information.
Who Should Attend
This review is directed to practicing endocrinologists, fellows, and other healthcare professionals with an interest in endocrinology, metabolism, and diabetes.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe diabetes complications, therapies, and goals of therapy
- Review adrenal disorders and endocrine hypertension
- Interpret thyroid function tests and discuss thyroid nodule and cancer management
- Appraise calcium disorders in the assessment and treatment of osteoporosis
- Evaluate patients with gonadal and pituitary disorders
- Evaluate and treat pediatric endocrine disorders
- Identify important endocrine genetic disorders
- Analyze endocrinology disorders in pregnancy
Optional ABIM Maintenance of Certification Learning Session
The optional Maintenance of Certification Learning Session will featuring the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) endocrinology and metabolism knowledge module. Clinical experts will lead interactive and collaborative in-depth discussions on each case-based question. Session attendees will actively participate in weighing the evidence case-by-case, discuss the options with the faculty and other participants, and identify the most appropriate answer to the ABIM questions.
Saturday, September 13, 2014
|6:15 – 8:15 pm||ABIM Medical Knowledge Module: 2013 Update in Endocrinology
Hossein Gharib, MD, Krupa Doshi, MD, and Robert Zimmerman, MD
Module is worth 10 points toward Maintenance of Certification.