Join us at Cleveland Clinic Intensive Review of Endocrinology and Metabolism
This educational activity will provide an intensive review of endocrinology and metabolism to prepare you for the endocrine board certification examination. The quality and breadth of this symposium content is also attractive for a comprehensive review of endocrinology and metabolism clinical information.
You will Learn to:
- Evaluate and treat patients with hyper- and hypothyroidism
- Describe differing management strategies for patients with endocrine disorders including endocrine hypertension, tumors, and obesity
- Analyze endocrine disorders in women’s health, including their impact on pregnancy
- Evaluate and treat endocrine disorders in pediatric patients
- Evaluate and treat patients with gonadal and pituitary disorders
- Appraise calcium disorders and vitamin D deficiency in the management of osteoporosis
- Describe diabetes complications and the impact of new insulin and incretin therapies
- Summarize strategies for preventing endocrine-cardiology disorders and diabetes complications
- Identify important endocrine genetic disorders
Who Should Attend?
This review is directed to practicing endocrinologists, fellows, and other health care professionals with an interest in endocrinology, metabolism and diabetes.
Optional ABIM Maintenance of Certification Learning Session
The optional Maintenance of Certification Learning Session will feature the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) endocrinology and metabolism knowledge module. Clinical experts will lead interactive and collaborative in-depth discussions on each case-based question. Session attendees will actively participate in weighing the evidence case-by-case, discuss the options with the faculty and other participants, and identify the most appropriate answer to the ABIM questions.
Saturday, September 10, 2016
|6:00 – 8:00 pm||ABIM Medical Knowledge Module – 2016 Update in Endocrinology
Robert S. Zimmerman, MD; Mario Skugor, MD; and Steven I. Sherman, MD
Module is worth 10 points toward Maintenance of Certification.