As a result of attending this activity, the attendee will be able to do the following:
- Summarize efficacy and side effect data on the newest noninvasive and minimally invasive procedures, including laser resurfacing;
- Discuss surgical treatment of hair loss and varicose veins;
- Present issues associated with multicultural cosmetic medicine;
- Identify current innovations and emerging technologies in the field of breast augmentation including use of cohesive gel implants;
- Discuss challenges associated with body contouring in obese patients;
- Demonstrate evolving facelift procedures and discuss their role in improving patient outcomes;
- Describe the most current procedures for maximizing patient results in brow and upper and lower eyelid surgery;
- Discuss breast reconstruction techniques using free-tissue transfer, nipple-sparing mastectomy, and expanders/implants;
- Summarize impact of biologic therapy on breast reconstruction.
This course is designed for practicing plastic surgeons, physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals interested in a review of the latest techniques and innovations in surgical procedures in aesthetic and reconstructive breast, body contouring, facial cosmetics, oculoplastic, reconstructive, neuromodulators, and tissue fillers.