Attend the Cleveland Clinic 12th Annual Dr. Roizen’s Personalized, Preventive, and Integrative Medicine Conference
During the past decade, use of preventive and integrative medicines have greatly expanded along with the types of therapies, patient populations, and conditions treated. As these therapies become more integrated into medicine, the sheer volume of different types of therapy and their clinical profiles combine to create education and practice gaps regarding their clinical efficacy and optimal use in practice. In tandem with this increased popularity, research efforts on identifying unique genetic traits are providing more data on which to integrate personalized approaches into clinical practice.
This conference will focus on discussing the most recent data, analyzing its impact, and assessing its best use in clinical practice. Key topics to be discussed include the impact of nutrition and supplements on fertility, use of genetics and genetics testing in management strategies, and the impact of gender on diseases and wellness strategies, particularly in women’s health.
The format is designed for you and will focus on evidence-based discussions by experts in personalized, preventive, and integrative medicine. The overarching goal is to provide you with the knowledge to understand the benefits and risks of these treatment options. This will ultimtely integrate these therapies into patient specific management plans and translate to improve patient outcomes.
Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: September 12, 2014
By attending you’ll be able to:
- Analyze the evidence on nutrition theories and supplements on fertility and pregnancy
- Recognize the different impact of autoimmune diseases on women
- Create a management plan for women’s health that recognizes the impact of gender on different wellness strategies
- Summarize the evidence on the role of genetics in obesity, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, gut disorders, and musculoskeletal pain
- Analyze the effectiveness of herbs and supplements in different diseases
- Use genetics testing to create an individualized risk assessment and prevention plan for seniors that includes memory, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease
Who should attend?
This conference is designed for medical professionals with an interest in use of preventive and integrative medical approaches.