Primary Care Women's Health: Essentials and Beyond
In coordination with the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center and Cleveland Clinic Center for Geriatric Medicine
You Will Want To Attend This Course
Review best practices in the latest therapies, procedures, and diagnostics in women’s health at Primary Care Women’s Health: Essentials and Beyond. Expert faculty will present evidence-based lectures on selected topics of importance related to women’s health for primary care practitioners. The goal of this activity is to enhance the knowledge of primary care providers and, thus, improve the quality of care for women.
Who Should Attend?
This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses who provide primary care to women. Other health care professionals with an interest in women’s health will also gain significant knowledge from this activity.
Stay Current With These Objectives
- Review and apply published data related to diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders and substance abuse in women
- Interpret an updated review on cervical cancer screening guidelines and apply these guidelines to clinical practice
- Provide an overview and update on treatment of sexually transmitted infections in women, including HIV and Hepatitis
- Summarize the recent updates on initial evaluation and treatment of irregular menstrual bleeding and amenorrhea
- Present a critical analysis of geriatric women's health issues, including osteoporosis, falls, urinary incontinence, and dementia/delirium
- Describe the controversies surrounding hormone therapy use and apply evidence-based medicine when individualizing treatment for the peri- and post-menopause patient
- Discuss and apply multidisciplinary approaches to treatment of obesity