2nd Middle East Chronic Respiratory
Sleep Disorders Conference
January 26, 2012
The 2nd Chronic Respiratory and Sleep Diseases Conference will be looking at the latest information pertaining to pulmonary disorders and therapeutics that afflict the Middle East region. It is vital to have a conference in this field as over one billion people around the world suffer from chronic respiratory diseases worldwide. With greater coverage, will come stronger tactics in the diagnosis, management and treatment of such diseases.
The conference aims to cover the main topics associated with CRSD, such as Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Interstitial Lung Disease, Obstructive Lung Disease and an Overview on Sleep Disorders. With several experts in the field from the region, this conference aims to raise the recognition of Chronic Respiratory Diseases and share the best treatment and management practices.
At the next Arab Health Congress, the CRSD conference has been extended into a two-day program. This will allow for greater coverage of topics related to the field of chronic respiratory and sleep disorders. The second day was created in order to give a stronger emphasis to topics such as sleep disorders, chest radiology and pleural diseases. Delegates will come and be able to experience a well rounded program that features plenty of opportunities to discuss topics with the speakers.
Dr. Atul Mehta
Dr. Amro Alastal
Dr. Bassam Mahboub
- Examine pleural disease in the Middle East
- Discuss an overview of sleep disorders, looking at the heart and the systemic effects
- Review the use of medical thoracoscopy in the diagnosis of unexplained pleural effusion
- Analyze both interstitial lung disease and obstructive lung disease
- Assess pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Describe the prevalence of COPD and Asthma in the UAE
- Detect the differences between different disorders in order to better diagnosis a patient, for example with chronic eosinophilic pneumonia
- Differentiate the interpretation of a chest X-ray and a chest CT
- Illustrate how the heart is affected under the condition of a sleep disorder
- Internal Medical Consultants
- Internal Medical Specialists
- Chest Specialists
- Sleep Specialists
- Respiratory Specialists