Scheduled Maintenance Alert
Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education online registration will be unavailable due to system maintenance on Saturday, November 28 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This will affect all CME activities that require registration.
About the Symposium
This symposium will examine the therapeutic strategies in the management of central nervous system tumors and metastases. The program will review the molecular biology of glioma and innovative therapeutic approaches in treatment of glioma. There will be additional focus on the tumors of the skull base, imaging characteristics and emerging interventions in these tumors. The Brain Tumor Partners in Care Session will enhance knowledge about cerebral functions, tumor types, and treatments. Experts will present the latest data on management of survivorship needs, such as symptoms, coping, financial issues, palliative care and caregiving.
- Discuss the roles of surgery, radiation therapy and systemic therapy in the therapy of central nervous system tumors and metastases.
- Discuss the management of tumors of the skull base.
- Discuss the innovative therapeutic approaches in treatment of gliomas.
- Describe common tumor types, their affect on cerebral functions and their treatment.
- Identify specific practical issues focusing on living with a brain tumor including: symptoms, coping as a survivor, caregiver needs, palliative care and financial aspects.
- Provide management strategies for issues pertaining to living with a brain tumor.
Neurosurgeons, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Neuro-oncologists, Neurologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers and allied healthcare professionals who work with patients with tumors.