You Don't Want To Miss This Activity – Comprehensive Anesthesiology Review
This course is designed to be a comprehensive review of anesthesia, including clinical anesthesia and subspecialties such as cardiothoracic, obstetric and pediatric anesthesia, critical care, acute and chronic pain medicine, and perioperative medicine. Included in perioperative medicine is coverage of the most common co-morbidities relevant to anesthesia and the basic science associated with anesthesia.
The course sessions are designed to help improve the participant’s performance on written and oral anesthesia examinations. Each registrant will be entitled to attend written board sessions each evening at which written questions will be presented, discussed and answered, and grouped by themes. These sessions will be moderated by faculty who regularly organize and hold sessions for our residency program. You will also have the option of attending our mock oral examination seminar, where proper techniques (and common errors) will be demonstrated using faculty as both examiner and candidate, with active debriefing sessions involving all participants. An Emergency airway workshop, lung isolation workshop and an ultrasound regional anesthesia workshop are included at no extra cost.
An additional benefit of this course will be the enduring materials provided. We will provide a syllabus that will be comprehensive and appropriate to a review course. We will also provide the syllabus material in a formatted flash drive, which will be a benefit to those attending the course. All of this additional material will be included in the basic registration fee, except for optional one-on-one practice oral examinations. Our goal is to provide an excellent product at an affordable price.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anesthesia residents preparing for certifying examinations, physicians in practice, and Certified Nurse Anesthetists who desire all or part of a comprehensive review of the specialty. The course is also available to Student Nurse Anesthetists who are preparing for their certification examination. It is also designed for the anesthesiologist in practice who plans to take the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA) recertification examination.
By attending you will be able to:
- Manage anesthesia-related challenges associated with comorbidities, blood banking and transfusion techniques, monitoring, airway management, and coagulation
- Discuss current issues for anesthesia management of patients undergoing surgery for cardiovascular, thoracic, orthopedic, gastrointestinal, and ear, nose, and throat conditions
- Summarize the clinical issues associated with preanesthesia testing, postanesthesia care, critical care, regional anesthesia, ambulatory anesthesia, and pain medications
- Identify challenges associated with anesthesia for geriatric patients including respiratory, circulatory, or acute renal failure and sepsis
- Identify challenges associated with anesthesia for pediatric patients including drugs specific for pediatric patients, differences in fluids and electrolytes, and neonatal surgical emergencies
- Identify challenges associated with anesthesia for patients undergoing obstetric procedures
- Summarize recent advances in basic science of anesthesia, pharmacology, monitoring, and new devices and describe their implications for clinical practice