Attend the 11th Annual Cleveland Clinic Obesity Summit
The Cleveland Clinic Obesity Summit attracts a diverse mix of health care practitioners interested in discussing innovative solutions to the causes of obesity, preventive strategies, and therapeutic management approaches. This Summit features diverse sessions designed to engage you with colleagues as well as patient interviews, live surgeries, interactive workshops, case-based lessons, and question and answer sessions.
Who Should Attend?
Health care professionals (including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and dietitians), researchers, hospital and corporate administrators, and others who have an interest in obesity-related fields, including endocrinology, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry and psychology, bariatric surgery, and wellness.
After attending, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast efficacy and side effect data on new pharmacologic treatment options for obesity, including diabetes drugs with obesity effects
- Discuss the most recent innovations and research
regarding clinical use of diets and exercise as therapy
- Identify the pros and cons of various strategies to reduce childhood obesity rates, including use of bariatric surgery
- Recognize comorbidities associated with obesity and
identify strategies for their evaluation, prevention,
- Summarize recent research on the role of endocrine disorders in the etiology of obesity and explain their potential clinical implications
- Summarize the safety and efficacy data for bariatric surgical options
Call for Abstracts – The submission deadline is September 2, 2016.
Clinical and research abstracts of original work are being accepted. Click here to learn more!