Attend the 9th Annual Cleveland Clinic Obesity Summit
The Cleveland Clinic Obesity Summit attracts a diverse mix of health care practitioners interested in discussing innovative solutions to the causes of obesity, preventive strategies, and therapeutic management approaches. This Summit features innovative sessions designed to engage you with colleagues as well as interactive workshops, a meet-the-professor luncheon, and question and answer sessions.
Who Should Attend?
Health care professionals including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and dietitians; researchers; hospital and corporate administrators; and others who have an interest in obesity-related fields, including bariatric surgery, endocrinology, gastroenterology, cardiology, internal medicine, pulmonology, diet and nutrition, psychiatry and psychology, urology, and primary care medicine.
After attending, you will be able to:
- Summarize the recent research science of obesity including fatty liver disease associated with obesity and targeting adipose conversion
- Integrate web-based mobile tools for monitoring diet and activity and strategies to maximize the influence of lifestyle factors in obesity reduction programs
- List the various comorbidities associated with obesity and institute strategies for their evaluation and treatment
- Compare and contrast the efficacy and side effect data of pharmacologic treatment options, especially new medications
- Integrate revised treatment guidelines into weight-loss strategies
- Summarize the pros and cons for current bariatric surgical options, and apply the new guidelines to patient selection process
- Describe appropriate patient care after bariatric surgery
- Design multidisciplinary management strategies for prevention and treatment of childhood obesity
Call for Abstracts
Clinical and research abstracts of original work are being accepted until September 5, 2014. Click here for instructions.