Join us at An Overview of Evaluation and Treatment of Posterior Pelvic Floor
The Cleveland Clinic Department of Colorectal Surgery is please to present An Overview of Evaluation and Treatment of Posterior Pelvic Floor. This unique two-day course will focus on in depth multidisciplinary didactic lectures and presentations, designed for medical caregivers who are interested in an overview of evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor and care of pat ients with posterior compartment problems. This course will use a case-based presentation format in which attendees are encouraged to provide input, ask questions, and share their experiences to guide discussions on diagnosis, evaluation, and what’s new in management techniques both surgical and medical.
Key Topics Include
- Importance of multidisciplinary pelvic floor interaction
- Fecal incontinence overview of medical and surgical treatment
- Constipation: approach and treatment
- Rectal prolapse: new ideas for an old problem
After completing this educational activity, the participant will be able to do the following:
- Review the complex anatomy of the pelvis and pelvic floor.
- Describe an algorithm for care of patients with fecal incontinence.
- Discuss types of constipation and treatment approaches.
- Discuss the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to patient care
- Discuss the various approaches to surgical treatment of rectal prolapse
- Discuss the outcomes for ventral rectopexy and the surgical steps for the procedure
- Participants enrolled in the cadaver course will learn the steps required to perform robotic ventral rectopexy
Who Should Attend?
This activity is designed for colorectal surgeons, surgeons, urogynecologists, urology, gynecologists, internists, gastroenterology, primary care physicians, physical therapist, and other health care professionals who desire an update on the tre atment of pelvic floor and care of patients with posterior compartment problems.
FEATURING HANDS-ON ROBOTIC VENTRAL
RECTOPEXY CADAVER COURSE:
Ventral Rectopexy: Outcomes and Surgical Techniques
By providing relevant discussions of the most current evidence and hands-on instruction, this educational offering strives to help practitioners acquire knowledge and skills regarding new data and surgical techniques which, in turn, can be translated directly to their clinical practice.
- Overview of Laparoscopic and Robotic ventral rectopexy, indications and long term outcomes
- Surgical steps for Robotic Ventral Rectopexy
- Technical points and trouble shooting problems during robotic ventral rectopexy
This course is designed to improve the management of patient care, promote collaboration between interdisciplinary providers, and accelerate the decision-making between providers and patients. The goal is to decrease the time between diagnosis and treatment and ensure appropriate referral patterns, thus creating a more positive patient outcome. Our goal is to improve the quality of patient care and enhance the level of information available to the physicians and other providers involved in diagnosis and treatment.